ORGANISING COMPANY: Event Cube
CLIENT COMPANY: Epic Esports Events
EVENT CATEGORY: Live Entertainment
DATE: from 12/05/2016 to 15/05/2016
LOCATION: Crocus City Hall, Moscow
OBJECTIVE: To demonstrate a new, state-of-the-art level of cyber sport competition in Russia and our readiness to host international cyber sport championships.
BUDGET: up € 1.000.000 to € 5.000.000
CREATIVE IDEA AND DESCRIPTION OF THE EVENT:
• Every day the audience spends more than 10 hours watching the two teams battle each other. We wanted them to be a part of the game, not just idle bystanders. We came up with the “Be in the game” concept, which created an illusion of the full immersion in the atmosphere of Dota2 game. The contents of the virtual game were transported into reality. The foyer and stage decorations were created with the help of unique 3D Forge technology in order to fully reiterate the details of the game’s objects and characters.
• Computer graphics were used to do a video mapping of the stage and the ceiling, helping to create various visual effects in line with the actions that were taking place in the game.
• The audience wore remotely operated LED bracelets, which were used to add light and visual effects in response to the events unfolding in the game.
• The audience was completely absorbed in the game, remaining under illusion of being an actual part of the action.
MEDIA MIX: • Website with news and updates• Social media groups for the event• Info posts on specialized computer game forums and websites• Video promos and news videos on specialized YouTube channels
AUDIO / VIDEO / LIGHTS PRODUCTION: • 3D set decorations using 3D Forge technology • 3D video mapping on the walls and ceiling• Proprietary software for light, sound, video content and visual effect management in line with game events• Interactive LED bracelets for the audience
STAGING AND SET DEISGN: Direction - Roman SotnikovTechnical Director - Alexey TrebukhinLogist - Iskandar UtyaevStaging - Vyacheslav KulaevSet Design - Sergey Stepanov Software - Ivan KabalinVideo Content - Ivan ProlLight show - Stepan Novikov
• 10 teams from all over the world
• 28 mln online spectators
• 28,000 spectators in the hall
• Over 40 articles and video stories in media
• Positive and enthusiastic feedback in social media